4.5mm Malleolar Screw
The smooth shaft of the 4.5mm Malleolar Screw is partly threaded. Malleolar screws with a cortical thread, shaft, and trocar tip have limited usage in the metaphyseal, distal humerus, trochanteric, and possibly ankle areas where the bone is thick.
- Partially threaded threads provide the optimum fit of threads into the distant bone fragment, allowing for improved interfragmentary compression.
- When the screw is inclined, the hemispherical head diameter enables excellent annular contact with washers and plates.
- 4.5mm Malleolar Screw available lengths are 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 75mm and 80mm.
- The screw has a smooth shaft that is just partly threaded.
- Titanium and Stainless Steel screws are both available.
- Drill bit for threaded hole 3.2 mm.
- Bone tap is 4.5 mm.
- Screwdriver head is 3.5 mm.
- Fracture fixation of small fragments in cancellous bone.
- Interfragmentary compression bone plates.