5.0mm Locking Head Screw
Screws are typically described in orthopedics by their outer diameter; for example, a “5.0mm Locking Head Screw” has an outside diameter of 5.0 mm. The 5.0 mm Locking Head Screw is designed for large bone and bone fragment fracture fixation. As the bone is weaker, Locking Head Screws have a deeper screw to increase surface area and thus improve purchase.
- This is Self Tapping Screw -These screws cut their own thread as they are driven into the bone. It creates a tight friction fit between the threads by making a small hole while entering the bone. This reduces vibration loosening and allows the parts to be disassembled if necessary.
- Available in both Stainless Steel and Titanium
- 2.7 mm Locking Head Screw available lengths are 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm, 28mm, 30mm, 32mm, 34mm, 36mm, 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, 44mm, 46mm, 48mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm, 95mm, and 100mm.
- Drill bit for threaded hole 4.3 mm.
- Bone tap is 5.0 mm.
- Available thread diameter 2.7 mm, 3.5 mm and 5 mm.
- Screwdriver head is 4.0 mm
- Femoral neck fractures
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis
- As an adjunct to DHS in basilar neck fractures
- Tibial plateau fractures
- Ankle arthrodesis
- Pediatric femoral neck fractures
- Intercondylar femur fractures
- Sacroiliac joint disruptions
- Subtalar arthrodesis